Learn to teach Meditation in this comprehensive, live, online training course. Divided into two parts, each offering 25 hours Certificate from Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org. The training takes place in consecutive months, so you can build on your own practice while developing your teaching skills. All the sessions will be recorded and you can access the recordings of the teaching sessions and the practices for six months.
You will learn to teach meditation techniques from the yogic and buddhist traditions to beginners and intermediate students. You will learn a wide range of accessible practices to introduce beginners to meditation and be able to teach sustainable practices that build towards longer, deeper meditations for developing practitioners.
Practices you will become familiar with from the yogic and buddhist traditions include; Chakra, mudra and mantra Meditations, beginner and intermediate pranayamas, yoga nidra, the koshas and vayus from the yoga tradition; buddhist mindfulness practices including metta, brahma viharas and vipassana;
You will receive a comprehensive handout detailing the practices and be able to access teaching materials and recorded online tutorials throughout the training. On completion of the training you will receive a Yoga Alliance certificate for 25 hours for each part or 50 Hours for both (www.yogaalliance.org).
Meditation has been scientifically proven to reduces stress and improve brain and immune function, while developing the higher centers of wisdom, compassion and self awareness in the brain.
– understand the physiology of meditation through the latest findings in neuroscience and evidence based studies
– explore the subtle body anatomy of the yogic and buddhist traditions so you can guide competently through the layers of awareness.
– Learn practices to offer beginners starting with 10- 15 minutes and building to 20 minutes.
– particular attention to practices that work on cultivating attention regulation and pranic body awareness; Anamaya and Pranamaya Kosha
– learn to create a six, eight and ten week programme teaching meditation.
– Building on practices from Part One we will start to work with 20 minute to One hour practices.
– Understand the subtle layers of awareness and the progression through the koshas.
– When stuff comes up: the rewards and challenges of a deepening practice.
– Holding a safe space: how to cultivate presence, compassion and mindfulness so you can hold your students through a deeper practice.
– Practices from the yoga and buddhist traditions that open us to awareness of the Manomaya, Vijanamaya, Anandamaya Koshas
Ciara Cronin has been teaching yoga and meditation for 25 years. She holds an MA in Mindfulness-based Psychotherapy and is Teacher Training director of The YogaRoom, Dublin and Yoga.ie
Participants may put these hours towards a 200-hour or 300-hour teaching accreditation from Yoga Alliance. You must attend Part One to be eligible to join Part Two.
Part One; €399 Part One and Two: €765BOOK NOW
Application forms should be emailed to [email protected] or posted to:
Ciara Cronin, Teacher Training Programme Director, The YogaRoom, 262 Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland.
"Thanks Ciara, Tony and Jodie for all your help, wisdom and support. It's been a huge eight months and I have learnt so much. Thank you and loads of love." — Eithne
"Thank you all. You've enlightened my mind, heart and body with your teachings and wisdom." — Jessica
"Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Your guidance and support have been amazing. I've learnt so much on my journey here. Thanks for showing me the way." — Emma
"Thank you all for your super instruction and guidance throughout the course. It's been fantastic." — Dawn